- The purpose of this policy is to outline the categories of membership subscription, the applicable membership fees, eligibility criteria for membership, terms and conditions of membership, and other important information regarding the National Chinese Museum of Australia Ltd (GDM) Subscribed Membership Program.
- Subscribed members of the GDM as defined in this policy are not Company members as defined in the Corporations Act 2001, and do not have the rights or responsibilities of Company members of the GDM as defined in the GDM constitution. Membership subscriptions defined herein are created for the sole purpose of allowing individuals and organisations to support the charitable work and functioning of the GDM.
2. Categories of Membership
There are 6 categories of GDM Membership subscriptions. These are:
- Single Adult membership
- Adult Couple membership
- Family membership
- Life membership
- Concession membership
- Institutional membership
3. Membership Term
- The term of GDM membership (except for life membership) is 12 months.
- The term of membership is calculated from the date which the membership subscription is paid.
4. Eligibility Criteria
- Membership is available to all individuals and organisations who support the objectives of the GDM, including the promotion of Chinese history and culture in Australia.
- Memberships may be terminated at the discretion of the GDM.
5. Membership Benefits
- GDM members (Under the following categories – Single Adult membership, Adult Couple membership, Family membership, Life membership, Concession membership) receive:
- Free entry to permanent exhibition spaces and gardens.
- Discounted entry and priority access to special exhibitions.
- Exclusive exhibition viewings.
- Members events, classes and workshops.
- Free guest WiFi.
- Access to the Yeung Ming Library (By Appointment)
- Discount of 10% off all souvenirs and books in the gift shop
- Institutional memberships are only available to Learning institutions such as schools, TAFEs and Universities who want to access the museum spaces regularly without guided tours or workshops. The Head of the Department will receive Member Benefits from 2-8, however this does not apply to the individual students. If an institution would like guided tours and workshops, they are offered at a discounted rate.
6. Membership Fees
- Single Adult membership $25
- Adult Couple membership $40
- Family membership $50
- Life membership $888
- Concession membership $35
- Institutional membership $188.00
7. Membership Renewal
- Prior to the expiration of the membership; members will be reminded of their renewal options.
- Membership renewal fees must be paid on or before the date of renewal in order to continue membership with the GDM.
- Individuals and organisations who have passed their membership expiry date, and have not responded to contact attempts to continue, will be suspended. Should they wish to resume membership, they will be required to pay the current membership registration fees.
8. Membership Cancellation
- Should an individual wish to cancel their membership, they are required to notify The GDM in writing.
- Membership fees are non-refundable.
9. Terms of Membership
- GDM reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions outlined in this policy.
- Amendments to these terms and conditions may only be made by a normal resolution of the board of directors of the GDM.
- Privacy & Confidentiality: All data that we collect is kept secure, private and confidential, and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
10. Lost or Stolen Membership Cards
- Lost or stolen membership cards should be reported immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All cards remain the property of the GDM and must be returned upon request.
11. Changes to this policy
- This policy may change from time to time. The most up-to-date version of the policy will be made available on the GDM website.