9.30am - 5.00pm
1 - 11 Bridge Street Bendigo
Postal Address: PO Box 877
Bendigo VIC 3552
Telephone: +61 3 5441 5044
Facsimile: +61 3 5443 3127
Museum Virtual Tours
Come and virtually visit the galleries and precinct with a tour by Mawby Creative.
The Golden Dragon Museum gift shop has the following publications for sale
- The 1880’s Processional Regalia of the Bendigo Chinese Association, Golden Dragon Museum, 2010
92 pages covering the history of the Chinese in Bendigo and their significant 1880’s processional regalia. Compiled by Anita Jack, General Manager of the Golden Dragon Museum, it includes Introductions by Russell Jack Director of the Golden Dragon Museum and President of the Bendigo Chinese Association; Betty Luke, Textiles Conservator; and a Heritage Significance report regarding the costumes by Michele Summerton from HISTORICA Cultural Projects. Retail:$35.00
- Loong Bendigo's Golden Dragon, 2012
- Classical Chinese Gardens, 1996 - A guide for a visit to the Chinese Classical Gardens within the museum precinct. It contains a description of the Classical Gardens layout, as well as an explanation of the Symbolism and translation of some of the signs written in Chinese characters.
- Through the Eyes of Two Cultures, 1999 - A catalogue of an Exhibition of Paintings by Zhou Xiaoping and Jimmy Pike. Curated by the Golden Dragon Museum and exhibited in the National Gallery of China, Beijing.
- Chinese Footstep, 2000 - Historical sites around Bendigo associated with the Chinese community.
- Showing Face, 2000 - Catalogue for a Travelling Exhibition of the changing faces of the Chinese Community.
- Chinese Memorials & Memories, The White Hills Cemetery in Bendigo, 2001. Detailed description of the Chinese section of Bendigo’s White Hills Cemetery, Chinese funeral customs, traditions and practices.
- Chinese and the Law by Brian Barrow, 2002 - A historical account of Chinese and the Law.
- Guan Yin Temple Mural Descriptions, 2002 - A colour handbook describing the meaning behind the Guan Yin Temple murals.
- Retail: $5.00
- Walk from Robe, 2nd Ed. 2002 - The story of the walk from Robe to the goldfields of Victoria by Chinese gold seekers in the 1850’s.
- Chinese Procession Bendigo at Easter, 2003 - A description of the format of the Chinese display in the Bendigo Easter Procession. Illustrated with colour photographs and a colour painting of the sequence of the various elements of the Chinese display.
For further information click here
- Public Transport
Please call 131 638 or visit www.viclink.com.au
Car and bus parking is available at Park Road and Farmers Lane.
- Access for People With Assistance Animals
Disability Assistance Dogs and Service Animals are welcome into the museum.
- For more information
If you are planning to bring in a group that has particular access requirements, or if you would like further information about accessibility at the Golden Dragon Museum, please contact us on 5441 5044.
- Photography in galleries
You may take photographs or use a video camera in the galleries, but not with a tripod, monopod or supplementary video lighting.
Flash photography is not permitted.
Photographs or videos taken in the Galleries may only be for personal use. The Museum Management does not permit commercial use of any kind, without authorisation. Applications for commercial use must be submitted in writing for consideration.